Reason number 100 why I love my job: we had a costume party for Halloween. Since I’m still the new girl (and the office likes to prank people), I decided to enlist a couple of co-workers for a group costume: the three little pigs. It was a huge hit! Below is our finished product: ears, snout, straw, sticks, brick, pink shirts, name tags: pig #1 #2 #3, and a big bad wolf.
To convince them to go along with it, I told them I would provide the snouts and ears. However, we decided this the Friday before Halloween and all the costume stores were out of any resemblance of pig accessories. So I resorted to crafting… even though I had sworn off the sport post-wedding.
I found a great blog on Real Simple that gave me a starting point for my masterpieces:
Finished product below: I was really happy with it.
Supply list from Hobby Lobby:
- (4) 8.5″ x 11″ pink felt
- 3 headbands
- (3) 2″ diameter (or there abouts) styrofoam circles
- 1 package skinny elastic
- 1 package tiny black fuzzy balls
- 1 sheet pink glitter foam/felt
Tools I had at home:
- hot glue gun
- Fold pink felt in half hamburger style
- cut isosceles triangle ears (7″ tall)- it makes 2 since the page is folded
- bunch the short end on the triangle together, wrap around the headband, and hot glue it down.
- do the other ear and let dry
- Poke a hole through the styrofoam for the elastic string (using the ice-pick)
- String elastic through the hole
- cut circles of the glitter pink foam and glue to the top of the circle
- use strip of pink felt and hot glue strip around the edge of the circle
- glue 4 black fuzzies for each nostril (or to scale for your nose) *be sure it is lined up with the elastic so your nostrils are horizontal.
- Dig out a spot for your nose on the back side. *make sure to blow on it to get rid of the excess styrofoam so you don’t inhale when you put it on.